Thursday, April 02, 2009

Tripping!

Away! Next Week! Away!


Only a few more days left before I'll go on my biggest trip ever.


I'll be starting at Amsterdam (Schiphol) Airport, traveling to Bahrain via Frankfurt. I'm already encountering the first difficulties before I even leave. In order to enter Bahrain one needs to buy a Visa at the airport (~5 euros) which can only be paid in the local currency. The difficulty there is that, since Bahrain is such a tiny little country, it's basically impossible to find any Bahrain Dinar anywhere in Amsterdam.


After some days in Bahrain I'll be jetting to Dubai for a relaxing evening and then onwards to the Philippines. One of the things I can't wait to see are those "one-day chicks" (no, nothing sexual) that I've been reading about... Apparently people over there take a chicken that is just one day old, put it in batter and then deep-fry it. It's eaten with pecker, bones, innards, everything. I'm curious if I can get myself to try one of these...


I'll cut this off here. Otherwise I won't have any stories to tell when I come back. Also, I've got way too much work to do :(

There will be more to follow. Stay tuned!

No comments: