Saturday, September 30, 2006

Good Evening Lady and Gentelman

I have never been to a concert where there were more people on stage than in the audience. Well, until yesterday... More or less by accident I stumbled upon this band from swizerland called Open Season. Turned out they were scheduled to play at the Winston, so I hoped on my bike and cycled through the city to hear some crazy ska rocksteady and reggae tunes.

Though they started to play with like only two or three people listening to their music, they made quiet a good effort on stage. In fact I haven't seen such an enjoyable show in, well probably years... A sophisticated ska band, joined with a good portion of fun, incredible suits and an awful lot of experience from tours with King Django or The Toasters. The singer really knows his stuff, the bass is close walking almost incoming, and Open Season also comes up with the very most sexiest saxophone in the world (from a musical point of view, of course). In the end the crowd got joined by a few metal heads and a few girls which even made the event rather dancable.

Check out their website, go see them when they are around and excuse me for my terrible hung over writing. On the 4th of October they will play at the Arena in Vienna, check it out!

No comments: